Still no evidence of harm by mobile phone exposure
According to a major safety review for the UK’s Health Protection Agency (HPA), there is still no evidence mobile phones harm human health.
Scientists looked at hundreds of studies of mobile exposure and found no conclusive links to cancer risk, brain function or infertility.
However, they said monitoring should continue because little was known about long-term effects.
The HPA said children should still avoid excessive use of mobiles.
It is the biggest ever review of the evidence surrounding the safety of mobile phones.
The study said exposure to low-level radio frequency fields was almost universal and continuous because of TV and radio broadcasting, Wi-Fi, and other technological developments.
A group of experts working for the HPA looked at all significant research into the effects of low-level radio frequency.
They concluded that people who were not exposed above guideline levels did not experience any detectable symptoms.
That included people who reported being sensitive to radio frequency.
They also said there was no evidence that exposure caused brain tumors, other types of cancer, or harm to fertility or cardiovascular health.
But they said very little was known about risks beyond five years, because most people did not use mobile phones until the late 1990s.
Prof. Anthony Swerdlow, who chaired the review group, said it was important to continue monitoring research.
“Even though it’s relatively reassuring, I also think it’s important that we keep an eye on the rates of brain tumors and other cancers,” he said.
“One can’t know what the long-term consequences are of something that has been around for only a short period.”
There has been speculation about the health effects of using mobile phones for years.
The HPA conducted a previous review in 2003, which also concluded that there was no evidence of harm. But there is now far more research into the subject.
The experts said more work was needed on the effect of radio frequency fields on brain activity, and on the possible association with behavioral problems in children.
They also called for more investigation into the effects of new technology which emits radio frequency, such as smart meters in homes and airport security scanners.
The HPA said it was not changing its advice about mobile phone use by children.
“As this is a relatively new technology, the HPA will continue to advise a precautionary approach,” said Dr. John Cooper, director of the HPA’s centre for radiation, chemical and environmental hazards.
“The HPA recommends that excessive use of mobile phones by children should be discouraged.”
Related search articles:
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups ham radio mobile
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups ham radio store
- abta bad tube8 com
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups ham radio operator
- miralax causing hair breakage
- tube8 abtabad six com
- TUBE8 MOBiLE HAIR STYLES
- avon tea trim effects
- Real life Japanese armpit
- tube8 cantune
- tube8 mobil mouslim garli com
- TUBE8 MOBiLE hair college videos
- tube8 mobile japanese school title group
- ＥＸＰＯＳＵＲＥ ＭＯＵＮＴＥＩＮ ＣＯＣＫ
- www karala tub8 prob mob com
- windblown skirts galleries
- who sings in the smartphone commercial that shows a little girl getting older
- tv reporters exposure
- tube8Mobile japnis school
- tube8 pakistani school girls with father
- tube8 mobile pregnant day
- tube8 mobile pakistani milf colle gril
- tube8 mobile muslim college girls
- Providian Life and Health Ins Co claim address
- Powered by Article Dashboard changing motorcycle tires
- pics of dead cocks
- hot shot spray side effects
- former news anchors for 3340 news
- first breast exposure pics
- dope apps for galaxy s3
- dead cock pics
- cryofacial skin manila
- can bug fogger have side effects on people afterwards
- barbara natais murder
- Imedeen for post pregnancy
- is will and belle Willie Robertson real kids
- pakistani sleep tube8 mubile
- pakistani all aunty tube8 com pk
- Pak Officer tube8 com
- Oriya high school girl tube8
- new sprint cell phone unbreacable
- new phones coming out
- Mobile aunty tuba8 seea com
- lactacyd gel side effects
- kilts fumes
- accidental stocking tops exposed
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=18354