Boxun.com, the US-based Chinese-language website covering Bo Xilai scandal, has been hacked
Boxun.com, the US-based Chinese-language website that has reported extensively on the Bo Xilai scandal in China, says it was crippled for several hours by a concerted hacking attack.
The Boxun website had to move to a new webhost after the denial-of-service attack on Friday, its manager said.
Boxun has reported for several weeks on the scandal surrounding Bo Xilai.
Bo Xilai was removed from key political posts as his wife was investigated for the murder of British businessman Neil Heywood.
Boxun’s original webhost, Name.com, told the Associated Press news agency that the hack was one of the biggest in the company’s history.
It reportedly followed an emailed threat that it would be attacked if it did not disable the site.
It is not clear who launched the attacks, but the manager of Boxun.com, Watson Meng, was quoted as saying he believed they were ordered by China’s security services.
A denial-of-service attack involves hackers paralyzing a website by bombarding it with enquiries.
Boxun.com, based in North Carolina, was set up 12 years ago by Watson Meng to campaign for human rights and democracy in China.
It has published a stream of reports and allegations about the fate of Bo Xilai, the politician at the centre of China’s biggest political scandal in years.
Bo Xilai was sacked as Communist Party boss of the south-western city of Chongqing, and suspended from other key political posts, amid an official investigation into corruption and allegations that his wife was involved in the murder of British businessman Neil Heywood.
Neil Heywood was found dead in Chongqing in November 2011.
China routinely blocks web content that it deems inappropriate, but reports on Boxun are often repeated on micro-blogging sites in China by people who use software to circumvent internet restrictions.
With more than half a billion internet users, China is finding it increasingly difficult to control the flow of information.
Chinese authorities have stressed that their investigation into Bo Xilai and his family is purely a legal matter.
Related search articles:
- selena gomez phone hacked
- shannen wilde big max
- boxun news com
- www boxun news com
- xnxx hong kong 70%
- jpmorgan abdoli
- chinese actress in lingerie
- 8mobile us China
- coco scandal photos
- chinease woman on beach bathing suits
- chainis nudgirl scandle
- anne curtis scandal
- 8mobile us japanese family
- marital scandal in china
- micro bikini manufacturers in florida
- political xhamster
- scandal family xhamster
- xvideo 1989 images
- baberly scandal
- Tailet hools xvideo
- tumblr hacked iphone babes
- USA Boxun com
- village dood wali antu boops
- xnxx chin school rep
- xnnn cide
- wwwchineseadultfoto com
- west virginia cheerleader scandal pics
- images against corruption 400 pixel
- angelica jones latest pics
- bbw cruises 2013
- Boxun com theUS-basedChinese-languagewebsitecoveringBoXilaiscandal hasbeenhacked|BelleNews com LatestNews
- boxun tablet
- china news marital scandal
- chinese actors bulge
- chinese forensic scientist california
- Chinese girl panties half remove photo
- chinese officer scandal videos
- coco scandal com
- do chinese preident dughter has HIV
- european based shoes
- fastest building construction
- gq magazine pope
- HBO movie title with regards to Pope Benedicts
- heywood murder latest enquiries
- 8mobile us Model scandal
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=18014