Kevin Costner reveals Princess Diana was in talks for Bodyguard 2
Kevin Costner, Whitney Houston’s producer and co-star in her debut movie, The Bodyguard, has revealed that he had been in talks with Princess Diana to cast her as the lead in Bodyguard 2.
Kevin Costner, 57, who produced and starred in the original flick that garnered the late Whitney Houston critical acclaim, said he was willing to craft a role especially for the Princess of Wales in the follow-up.
“Diana and I had been talking about doing Bodyguard 2… I told her I would take care of her just the same way that I took care of Whitney,” Us Weekly quoted him as saying.
“She wanted me to write it for her. I said: <<I’ll tailor it for you if you’re interested>>. She goes, <<I am interested>>,” Kevin Costner said.
In a 2003 interview, Kevin Costner told ABC that the film’s sequel would feature his character shielding the People’s Princess from paparazzi and stalkers before the duo became involved in a torrid affair.
In an ironic twist, Kevin Costner – who delivered the eulogy at Whitney Houston’s February funeral – received a draft of the script for Bodyguard 2 on August 30, 1997 – the day before Princess Diana perished in a Paris car crash aged 36.
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=17286