Apple will become world’s first trillion-dollar company, Wall Street analysts predicted
Wall Street analysts have predicted that Apple will become the world’s first trillion-dollar company when its shares top $1,000 each.
Apple’s shares were worth $633.38 last week as its stock price rose above Google’s for the first time.
Brian White, of Topeka Capital Markets, then claimed Apple’s sky-high share price will hit four figures within 12 months – making the company worth $1trillion.
He said in his report: “Apple fever is spreading like a wildfire around the world.”
Gene Munster, of Piper Jaffray, followed that up by claiming Apple stock will hit $1,000 – but by 2014.
Apple, based in Cupertino, California, is already the most valuable company in the world currently valued at $590.82 billion.
Just a year ago the shares were changing hands at $341. In January Apple revealed it had more than doubled its profits to $13.06billion, compared with $6billion for the same quarter in 2010.
That was driven by record sales of 37.04 million iPhones in the final quarter of 2011, 128% up on the previous year.
Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO who took over from the late co-founder Steve Jobs, said: “We could have sold more if we’d had more supply. We could not be happier.”
Apple also sold a record 15.43 million iPads over the quarter, more than double the number of a year ago.
Research group Gartner also said the company overtook Samsung as the world’s top smartphone maker last quarter.
Apple’s growth is expected to be driven by sales in China, where January’s launch of the iPhone 4S triggered a near riot in Beijing.
Earlier this year Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty predicted Apple could sell 40 million iPhones in China this year.
Apple is also expected to move into the TV market after the launch of its set-top box Apple TV.
In his report, Gene Muster said: “The key risk to the Apple story is pace of innovation.
“While we have not seen anything to make us believe innovation will slow, it is the fundamental barrier that stands between shares at $600 and at $1,000.
“Apple has won the ecosystem and interface war, and must continue to innovate around its leadership position to grow the business.
“Going forward, consumer interest in owning future Apple products is a key metric to measuring Apple’s pace of innovation.”
Related search articles:
- steve alford affair
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups wwe world wrestling entertainment
- how much is River Viiperi worth
- newtown final report
- chris jenner real house in calabasas
- xvideo animal caw
- which member of the shark tank is worth the most
- Powered by Article Dashboard miscarriage support
- nini smalls feet images
- pizza hut commercial actress
- Porsche Stewarts worth
- xnxx treert
- shark tank people is worth
- xnxx buyer
- street upskrit
- terry pheto\s beliefs
- why was alicia keys cancelled in misisisipi
- net worth of jay haas
- ARNSLD MURRAY EVANGELISTA EN AFRICA
- aysia wih abby lee dance
- biden one million dollars snopes
- casting for movies being filmed in new orleans 2013
- co owning over 750 major technology patents re graphene
- Davids Bridal record loss 2013
- enigmaticboys stanley
- errol douglas net worth
- imgsrc ru toppless
- is asia still with the abby lee dance company
- linda robinson US news and world report 1998
- men mainstream crotch backside tumblr
- most ugly women in our community
- nadal last coronation indean willson youtube
- apple a day keep the doctor away annette schavan
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=17083