Turin Shroud: new theories by Thomas de Wesselow
Cambridge art historian Thomas de Wesselow came with a new theory about the Turin Shroud, being convinced that it is real and did touch Christ’s body.
Thomas de Wesselow insists that the image on the cloth fooled the Apostles into believing Christ had come back to life, and the Resurrection was in fact an optical illusion. However, his theory about the Turin Shroud claims that Jesus Christ actually rose from the dead.
His theory is that in the mind of a person 2,000 years ago, the image on the Shroud would have been astonishing – far beyond their normal experiences and truly unsettling.
“They saw the image on the cloth as the living double of Jesus,” Thomas de Wesselow said.
“Back then images had a psychological presence, they were seen as part of a separate plain of existence, as having a life of their own.”
“If you think yourself into the whole experience of the apostles. Going into the tomb three days after the crucifixion, in the half-light, and seeing that image emerging from the burial cloth,” the 40-year-old academic told The Daily Telegraph.
According to the Bible, Peter, James, Thomas, Mary Magdalene and a number of disciples saw Jesus in the flesh after his death.
This proved Jesus was the son of God and became the central tenet of Christian faith and theology.
In the New Testament, after the Romans crucified Jesus, He was buried in a tomb, but God raised Him from the dead and he appeared to many people over a span of forty days before his ascension to Heaven.
But Thomas de Wesselow – a self-confessed “shroudie” who has been intrigued by the its mystery since childhood – has a radically different view.
He has spent eight years on The Sign: The Shroud of Turin and the Secret of the Resurrection, due to be published next Monday.
It is the latest in a long list of works claiming to have solved the riddle of the Turin Shroud.
Many believe the linen cloth was the shroud in which Jesus Christ’s body was buried after it was cut from the crucifix on Calvary, and displays an image of his body.
But debate has raged for decades about its authenticity.
Since a 1988 radiocarbon dating test put its age at between 1260 and 1390, many have just assumed the Shroud, which is held in the Royal Chapel of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist in Turin, northern Italy, is a medieval forgery.
But conclusive proof has not yet been advanced.
De Wesselow’s new book claims to prove the botched sampling of the cloth and the last-minute abandonment of agreed procedures mean that the carbon dating test was seriously flawed.
Thomas de Wesselow, who is based in King’s College, Cambridge, believes the Shroud was looted as bounty by French knights and the Crusaders who sacked Constantinople in 1204.
He is convinced modern analysis proves the Shroud is genuine; that pollens lifted from cloth fibres indicate that it was once in Israel; a seam used in the weave of the linen is identical to one found only on a first-century cloth from Judea; the wound-marks are composed of real blood; and an alternative, peer-reviewed test of the age of the linen found that it was over 1300 years old.
He contends that the negative quality of the image also explains why, in the Gospels, the disciples are at first unable to recognize the Risen Jesus.
And he says his version of the Resurrection can be interpreted from passages in the Bible.
He points to Saint Paul’s 1 Corinthians 15-50 in which the Apostle says unequivocally that “resurrection is not about flesh and blood”.
Related search articles:
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum advertising agency
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum european cars
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups military coloring pages
- clothless beach
- kareena without cloth images xnxx
- how to open boy cloth
- BODY BURIED FOR SIX MONTHS
- thomas de wesselow wiki
- show best girl with out cloth
- www karinawithout bra cloth photo
- telugu jesus xvidos com
- www xvedio com irland beach hidden cam
- son caught mom removing cloth in bath
- girl takeoff their cloth
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum evolution
- hot clothless
- Sonaksi washing bathroom without cloths vedio com
- sonakshi sinha video sxe
- tamil aunty without jetty
- Tamil papaya aunty
- teens in cloth shorts pics
- where jenny rivera is buried
- Tamilnadu girls in dresschanging room wathing by hiddencam
- tbollwood xnxx
- removing cloth for bed scene
- Son removes moms pante
- pics of cloth less girls
- Powered by Article Dashboard dragon optical illusion
- Powered by Article Dashboard easter bible story coloring pages
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum anime stories
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum digital instrument cluster
- Seaxy removeing salwar kameez images
- Powered by Article Dashboard Sign Up for a free account -forum gun stocks
- preteen cloth good price
- published papers on stretch marks with dragon\s blood
- real aunty thighs show
- saxi pose
- saxy alia batha
- ozzy osbourne the pope
- Sixsy with out colath images
- pics of alia wearing stilettos
- Telegu xnxx with clothopening xnxx
- www karnataka shares antey xvedios com
- Www kerala saxc hot Com
- www masai pregnant shamster com
- www my hot mom in cooking room with son xvid com
- www only panties cloth photo com
- www sonakshi seena hot videos with out cloths com
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=16453