Whitney Houston’s funeral: Bobbi Kristina Brown and Cissy Houston paid their respects in private
Whitney Houston’s family members, including her mother Cissy and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown, took the opportunity to pay their respects in private at Whigham Funeral Home, Newark, New Jersey, yesterday.
Millions of viewers are expected to witness Whitney Houston’s funeral at noon today.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, 18, who made her first appearance since being rushed to hospital after collapsing through stress following her mother’s passing, was seen arriving at Whigham Funeral Home in Whitney Houston’s hometown of Newark, alongside her tearful grandmother Cissy Houston.
They were later joined by famous faces including Whitney Houston’s life-long friend and mentor Clive Davis and as well as the singer’s cousin Dionne Warwick.
Funeral director Caroline Whigham told the crowd gathered outside that the viewing “was done in privacy between a mother, a daughter, two brothers and a family,” according to People magazine.
The mourning family was also accompanied by a strong police presence which ensured the large crowds of fans who gathered outside the home kept their distance.
The heavy officer presence comes amid police warnings for fans to stay at home to watch the service rather than scramble for a place near the New Hope Baptist Church. Authorities say fans will not even be able to get within six square blocks of the church.
Cissy Houston was escorted into the building by a priest and held hands with a woman in a crisp white shirt. The former gospel singer was dressed smartly in a black coat with an orange and brown leopard print scarf wrapped around her shoulders.
Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown, pictured in public for first time since she was rushed to hospital following the singer’s death in a Beverly Hills hotel, arrived at the funeral home in dark jeans, white vest and a black jacket.
Bobbi Kristina Brown appeared controlled as she entered the funeral home. “There are moments when she is strong and moments when it all hits her,” a source told People magazine.
“She can’t escape it.”
Bobbi Kristina is the daughter of Whitney Houston and her former husband Bobby Brown. It has been reported that the teen will now live with her grandmother “indefinitely” according to HollywoodLife.com.
However, a new report on TMZ.com this morning claimed that Whitney Houston’s family are keen for Bobbi Kristina to enter a “live-in rehab facility” as soon as possible, but are willing to wait until after the funeral to allow the teenager time to grieve her mother’s passing.
TMZ claims that Bobbi Kristina has, for the past three of four years, struggled with “substance abuse issues”, and her family are said to be keen for her to seek help before her problems get any worse.
Bobbi Kristina Brown hid her eyes between a pair of sunglasses and held the hand of a friend as she walked past security. Family and friends were greeted by what appeared to be an Egyptian-decorated casket outside the home.
As well as close family of Whitney Houston in attendance friends also gathered together to pay their respects.
Whitney Houston’s cousin Dionne Warwick was seen arriving and had wore a white shirt and a pair of dark trousers.
The late singer’s mentor and life-long friend Clive Davies also made an appearance as reports have emerged the music producer tried to get the singer to enter rehab in the weeks leading up to her death.
Whitney Houston’s on-off boyfriend Ray-J was seen making his way through LAX airport with his sister Brandy on their way to New Jersey ahead of the funeral.
Kevin Costner, who starred opposite Whitney Houston in the 1992 film The Bodyguard, was also seen making his way east at the airport.
Fans gathered outside where they signed a book of condolence and laid tributes, including flowers, balloons and teddy bears.
It is expected that fans will be blocked off the site once Whitney Houston’s family arrives for her wake ahead of today’s funeral.
Related search articles:
- andy whitfield funeral
- Powered by Article Dashboard funeral home websites
- whitney houston autopsy photos leaked
- Powered by Article Dashboard funeral director
- Powered by Article Dashboard knock and announce requirements
- travis alexander funeral
- Powered by Article Dashboard oh funeral home
- Powered by Article Dashboard hill funeral home
- powered by SMF funeral home supplies
- andy whitfield funeral video
- eva esther gordillo
- andy whitfield funeral pictures
- Travis Alexander Funeral Images
- powered by SMF nature photos
- lou costello funeral
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups art of illusion
- andy whitfield funeral photos
- powered by SMF 2 0 funeral home
- victoria principal dallas 2013
- powered by SMF 2 0 oh drug rehabilitation
- rhana no entry
- backyard cum com
- travis alexander funeral pictures
- no entry ranna funeral
- imagenes del funeral de andy whitfield
- hervin funeral
- powered by SMF addiction recovery
- travis alexander funeral pics
- dallas tv rumors
- gary houston cancer
- funeral de andy whitfield
- Travis Alexander\s Funeral
- powered by SMF 2 0 fan family
- thana funeral home
- no entry thana funeral
- Powered by Article Dashboard affordable coverage health individual insurance
- travis alexander pictures
- no entry ranna
- why did jr ewing have a military funeral
- jenni rivera funeral live
- imagenes del funeral de jon lord
- malysian singer thana funeral
- freddy e funeral pic
- andy whitfield\s funeral
- Freddy Es Funeral
- no entry thana malaysia
- funeral andy whitfield
- was jr ewing in the military
- chris brown teeth
- travis alexander funeral footage
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=13889