Parents let their son to die of curable cancer because they couldn’t afford medical treatment, but they had money to treat their dog
Monica Hussing and William Robinson Sr. from Clevland, Ohio, who failed to seek medical care for their cancer-stricken son because they said they couldn’t afford medical care have pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
Their son, Willie Robinson, 8, died of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2008 after begging his parents to get him medical care, according to prosecutors. The prosecutors say that had he received treatment, the youngster would have had a 96% chance of making a full recovery.
The parents claim they never took their cancer-stricken son to the doctor because they didn’t have the money.
But somehow, they found the cash to have their family pit bull treated for fleas, prosecutors say.
Monica Hussing, 37 and William Robinson, 40, have been free on $150,000 bail each in Cleveland, since their son died. On Monday, the parents pleaded guilty to attempted involuntary manslaughter and face up to eight years in prison.
Monica Hussing’s lawyer blamed Willie’s death on the fact that the parents, who still have five children, were poor and did not have health insurance.
“Unfortunately, these people did not have that ability to get the proper health care and I think the entire system both in Warren, in Trumbull County and in Cuyahoga County it was just a little bit of… the ball was dropped,” John Luskin told WJW.
But prosecutors say as Willie Robinson was dying a horrible, but preventable, death, his parents paid $87 to take their pit bull Petey to a veterinarian and have it treated for fleas.
After ignoring his pleas for medical help, Willie Robinson collapsed at their home March 22, 2008. It was then Monica Hussing and William Robinson finally took him to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with cancer and died later that day.
The coroner ruled the boy’s death, caused by cancer and pneumonia, a homicide, meaning it was the result of his parents’ actions.
Authorities say none of the couple’s five other children, now 17, 16, 10, 9 and 8, received medical care. All of them have been removed from their parents and are living with an aunt.
The parents also kept their children out of school. Willie Robinson never saw a classroom in his short life, authorities say.
Hodgkin’s Lymphoma is cancer of lymph tissue found in the lymph nodes, spleen, liver and bone marrow. Symptoms include: fatigue, fever and chills, loss of appetite and unexplained weight loss.
It is the most common form of childhood cancer and the most treatable, with up to 96% of children surviving at least five years after the cancer goes into remission.
Related search articles:
- Powered by Article Dashboard parents
- korie robertson parents
- kim kardashian god daughter
- sara errani jewish
- kim kardashian goddaughter
- willie robertsons shoes
- larsa pippen parents
- why does willie call his parents by their first name
- baby gazala age
- WTC Lawsuits Cancer Up Date
- who is kim kardasians god daughter
- bianka kamber parents
- why does willie call his father by his name
- images of raziy and nachman glauber
- why does willie robertson call his dad phil
- Why does willie robertson call his mother by her name
- why does willie robertson call his parents
- Girl gets stripped
- bastrop car accident march 31
- BASTROP CAR WRECK MARCH 31 2013
- willie robertson motorcycle
- why do the robinsons call the parents by thier firdt name?
- why do robertsons call their parents by their first name
- why do robertson call parents by name
- why do jace and willie call their parents by first name
- willy robertson and wife tatoos
- wiz khalifa congolese parents
- who are mariah careys parents?
- willie robertson harding university graduated when
- tytania ali parents
- why does Willie Robinson called parents by first name
- why does willie call his dad phil
- 399 pixels brain cancer
- Willie Robertson Home La
- willie robertson house duck dynasty back and front same house?
- why does willie call parents by first names
- willie robertson when did they there foster daughter rebecca
- why does willie call his parents by there first names
- why does willie robertson call his parents by their first name
- why does willie call his parents by their first names
- willie robertson with cancer patient
- who is kori robertsons mother and father?
- robertson s parents first name
- rita oras parents
- helen meles how many children
- google Accidental drowning of 3 year old in south America/Colombia
- fotogalerie lady sonia read a bok
- forcefully stripped xnxx
- duck dynasty democrat or republican
- dominique moceanu moms maiden name
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=11888