Son misses his father’s funeral as Continental Airlines charged him $675 for changing flight
Fred Zajonczloski is going to miss his father’s funeral because Continental Airlines was charging him almost $675 to change his flight – on top of the $1,200 he had already paid.
The grieving son Fred Zajonczloski flew from his home in San Antonio, Texas, to Rochester, New York, as soon as he found out his father Walter, 85, was dying.
Fred Zajonczloski was scheduled to return on Saturday December 17 but when he found out his father’s funeral was being changed to tomorrow, he tried to change his flight and his fiancee’s.
Continental Airlines informed him that the changes would cost a total of $675.
Fred Zajonczloski’s sister Julie Knapp told News10 they are “just a normal family” and could not afford that kind of money.
Julie Knapp said: “All we wanted was some compassion.”
Now, Fred Zajonczloski is going to miss his father’s burial tomorrow as he has already flown back on the original ticket.
Julie Knapp said: “I understand that people have jobs and people have things to do, but have a heart. Have a heart. I mean there’s somebody there that could have said yes, it’s okay to switch this flight.
“It’s frustrating and it’s very disappointing when I put my brother on that airplane and I said goodbye to him and knew he wasn’t going to be here.”
Julie Knapp also revealed that it was her father’s last wish to be buried beside his son Dale, who was just three when he died.
“That’s why it is so important that Freddie was here. To have that closure to be able to see his dad be buried with his son.
“He should be here with his family so he can say goodbye.”
Continental Airlines believe that a simple mistake has been made as their highest charge fee for changing flights is $200 – and that is for international flights.
A Continental Airlines spokesman said they are looking into the story.
He said: “Continental customer care will contact the customers directly. We certainly offer them our deepest condolences.”
Related search articles:
- ray west kanye s dad
- is tamerlan tsarnaev gonna be buried or cremated and where?
- pak girls changes their clothes hidden cams
- recent photo of steve alfords wife
- logo man in alaska airlines planes
- pakistani girl video changing cloths in a hotel
- photo of teena marie in open casket
- 1965 politician california with four daughters
- sxs musco
- tom and julie hays divorce
- united airline misses funeral
- Was Adam Lanza Buried Yet
- last name knapp babies born in rochester ny
- airplane to alaska
- alaska airplane photo
- bile duct cancer final days
- changing in front of dad
- delta flight attendant upskirt
- el debarge mom dad
- funeral la times open casket
- funeral upskirt tube
- girls from the show big brother u s caught changing their clothes
- has william adams appeared in fresh prince of bell air
- www xnxx old chana com
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=10825