Chaz Bono and Jennifer Elia end their engagement after 12 years of relationship
Cher’s transgender son, Chaz Bono, and his fiancée Jennifer Elia have decided to end their engagement.
Chaz Bono, 42, and Jennifer Elia – who have dated since 1999 – have not only cancelled plans to get hitched but have decided to end their relationship entirely.
Howard Bragman, Chaz Bono’ spokesperson, said yesterday: “They leave this relationship with great love, respect and affection toward one another.
“No further amplification will be forthcoming and they ask that you respect their privacy at this time.”
Earlier in the day, Chaz Bono tweeted: “Thanks for your concern about our separation. I’m doing fine, and we remain on good terms with nothing but respect and affection 4 eachother.”
Just last month, Chaz Bono was shown popping the question during his one-hour TV-show special Being Chaz, which aired on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
The programme was a follow-up to his Emmy-nominated documentary Becoming Chaz which focused on his transition from female to male.
Jennifer Elia – who writing a book – supported Chaz Bono during his gender reassignment process and later said she found her partner “more attractive” as a man.
She said that their intimate relationship as “straight couple” improved “for the good”.
Chaz Bono, who is now almost four years into the transition, also agreed they were enjoying a healthy sex life.
“We feel very lucky,” Chaz Bono told Piers Morgan in May.
Jennifer Elia was also regularly seen cheering him on from the audience during his time on Dancing With The Stars earlier this year.
Jennifer Elia also revealed that the process of dealing with Chaz Bono’s transition was difficult at times, admitting that she started drinking again when he told her that he made the final decision about changing genders.
“Well I can’t blame it solely on Chaz’s transition, my sobriety has always been a problem,” Jennifer Elia told Piers Morgan during the same May interview.
“When he told me about this, I used it as a pass to fall off the wagon which is what alcoholics tend to do.”
“I was sober when we meet, when things go bad I drink. When Chaz told me about this, I told him I needed a drink.”
Jennifer Elia said she was a year and two months sober, and that she felt that the transition had become easier for the couple.
“Things have leveled out,” Jennifer Elia said.
Chaz Bono is the only child of American artists Sonny and Cher although both have offspring from other relationships.
Related search articles:
- young jennifer lawrence in burger king commercial
- jennifer lawrence bikini with her brother
- jennifer aniston nutrisystem
- is jennifer affleck pregant for the fourth time?
- uncensered wardrobe malfunctions on live tv
- chaz bono girlfriend
- what kind of make up does jennifer aniston wear
- jennifer reyna photos
- joslyn hernandez
- lauren santo domingo rings
- picture of horses hitched up
- post red wine coma
- sonny 2 unblocked
- xvideo jennifer lacy
- why did chaz bono and jennifer end their relationship
- wardrobe malfunctions on live tv uncensored
- jennifer love hewitt smoking cigarettes
- jennifer lawrences cellulite
- jennifer lawrence oscar necklace
- cher daughter
- chinese twins babies dancing gangnam song
- does jennifer garner\s daughter have cerebral palsy
- follow the leader resimleri
- howard bragman height tall
- interview with Oprah and Nick Vijuvic
- jennifer aniston smoking in 2013
- jennifer aniston worth 2013
- jennifer elia 2013
- jennifer elia sober
- jennifer garner pregnant while shooting alias
- jennifer lawrence gagging dick
- boots connelly jersey city
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=10781