Vitabiotics Pregnacare-Conception, a 60 cents pill could double the chance of getting pregnant?
Vitabiotics Pregnacare-Conception, a 60 cents multi-vitamin pill could more than double a woman’s chance of having a baby, according to a study carried out at University College London.
The study found that 60% of those taking the supplements while undergoing IVF became pregnant compared to just a quarter who did not take them.
Researchers say the pills contain nutrients that may boost fertility such as vitamins A, C and E, zinc and selenium, that are often absent from our diets.
The study involved 56 women aged 18 to 40, who had all tried unsuccessfully to fall pregnant using IVF for at least a year.
Half of the women were given a multi-nutrient pill to take every day and the other half given folic acid pills to take daily.
The micronutrient pill also contained folic acid which prevents birth defects and has also been shown to help boost fertility.
Researchers found that 60% of women taking the multi-nutrients fell pregnant, and did not miscarry in the first three months when it is most common.
This compared to 25% of women in the group taking folic acid who were still pregnant after three months.
The University College London study published in the journal Reproductive Biomedicine also found that women taking the micronutrients needed far fewer attempts to become pregnant.
Of those who fell pregnant, 75% conceived in the first course of IVF.
By comparison just 18% of those on folic acid who became pregnant did so after the first IVF course.
The particular pill, Vitabiotics Pregnacare-Conception, contains folic acid, vitamin B, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C, zinc, selenium and some antioxidants.
Vitabiotics Pregnacare-Conception costs just over $15 over the counter for a month’s supply.
Lead researcher Dr. Rina Agrawal said: “The implications of this study are far reaching as they suggest that prenatal micronutrient supplementation in women undergoing ovulation induction improve pregnancy rates.
“There is a large body of evidence establishing the relationship between placental development, foetal growth, pregnancy outcomes and adequate nutrition, particularly vitamin intake.”
But other scientists pointed out that the study was very small so the results should not be taken too seriously.
Dr. Allan Pacey who specializes in fertility at the University of Sheffield said: “The influence of nutrition on our fertility is of general interest to the public and professionals, but there are relatively few studies which have examined this systematically and few which have shown direct benefits of taking supplements to enhance things.
“Therefore, on the face of it, this study is interesting but we should acknowledge that this is a relatively small number of patients and the study would need to be repeated in a larger trial before we could be certain of the results.”
A woman’s fertility is known to be affected by a number of factors including her age, weight, alcohol consumption, whether she smokes.
High levels of stress and even drinking too much coffee have also been shown to reduce the chances of falling pregnant.
Related search articles:
- Www pregnantcareconception com
- Www pregnantcareconception
- anne hathaway getting out car
- pregnacare conception cause twins
- tumblr eva ionesco
- pregnacare for him
- pregnacare conception cause palpitations
- does pregnacare contain hcg
- pregnancare against irregular menstration
- where can you buy his and her pregnacare in namibia
- can pregnacare conception delay ovulation
- pregnacare conception that leads to multiple pregnancy
- can pregnacare conception lead to multiple birth?
- pregnacare and heavy periods
- vitabiotics france
- pregnacare dubai
- pregnacare conception risks and side effects
- pinay maxim sluyload
- xnxx mom pills
- pregnacare improve ovukation
- pregnacare for dof
- pregnacare max indications
- pregnacare multivatimin for men
- pregnacare in dubai
- prenacare conceptions cause palpitations
- pregnicare and palpatations
- pregnantcare conception is t good to be taken after conception
- pregnant children xvideo
- Pregnant care vitabiotics conception
- pregnant care conception
- pregnancare conception and effect on ivf
- pregnacare progesterone
- pregnacare conception wikipedia
- pregnacare conception causing bleeding while on period
- phil robertson to speak
- pregnacare affecting periods
- pregnacare and insomnia
- pregnacare conception and agne
- pregnacare conception and ovulation
- pregnacare conception and twins
- pregnacare conception before ivf
- pregnacare conception can it mess up your cycle
- pregnacare conception causes you to miss your period
- pregnacare conception causing heavy period
- pregnacare conception diarrhea
- pregnacare conception does it cause diahhorea
- pregnacare conception for hair growth
- pregnacare conception heavy period
- pregnacare conception help ovulation
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=10030