Apple recalls 1st gen iPod nanos due to a battery defect and is offering a replacement
Apple has decided to recall the first generation of iPod Nano due to a defect of batteries.
The company has warned that the batteries on the iPod Nano can catch fire – but only on the very oldest models.
The defect discovered in the batteries appears to get worse over time.
Apple announced that is offering a replacement, new iPod Nano – a serious technological upgrade which adds a touchscreen, an FM radio and a pedometer to the rather basic Nano that late Apple CEO Steve Jobs launched six years ago.
It’s not clear what incident sparked the current recal. There have been unconfirmed and highly isolated reports of batteries overheating around the world, including incidents where overheating batteries set fire to users’ clothes. But it’s not exactly an epidemic.
In a statement, the company said:
“Apple has determined that, in very rare cases, the battery in the iPod nano (1st generation) may overheat and pose a safety risk. Affected iPod nanos were sold between September 2005 and December 2006.”
“‘This issue has been traced to a single battery supplier that produced batteries with a manufacturing defect. While the possibility of an incident is rare, the likelihood increases as the battery ages.
“Apple recommends that you stop using your iPod nano (1st gen) and follow the process noted below to order a replacement unit, free of charge.”
Apple says serial numbers will be checked to ensure the units are affected – you can check via their website.
iPod Nano replacements will be issued within six weeks.
Related search articles:
- is anyone up replacement site
- lady gaga hip replacement
- did lady gaga have hip replacement
- 16 yro fashon models
- did lady gaga get a hip replacement?
- rip-productions replacement
- virgin airlines see-through clothing
- Did lady gaga have a full hip replacement
- did gaga get a hip replacement
- did lady gaga have hip surgery due to falling off shoes
- buffalo is anyone up
- preteen swimsuit model pics
- lasy gaga hip replacement
- jasen johnston
- isanyoneup com rutgers
- is there a replacement for is anyone up
- is anyone up siterip
- is anyone up replacement website
- hot battery s3
- hip replacement -lady gaga
- has lady gaga had a hip replacement
- 15 yro
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=9331