Steven Tyler lost two teeth after a serious fall in his hotel shower in Paraguay.
Steven Tyler, Aerosmith frontman and “American Idol” judge was hospitalized in Paraguay and released after a serious fall in his hotel bathroom, when he lost two teeth, cut his eyebrow and mouth.
Steven Tyler, 63, was staying at the Bourbon Hotel in Asuncion, Paraguay, where he was due to perform a concert tonight with his band, Aerosmith
Aerosmith was in Paraguay to perform at a rock festival, and their appearance was postponed until Wednesday, according to Paraguay’s ABC newspaper.
Steven Tyler’s manager, Nicolas Garzia later told TMZ that dehydration caused by food poisoning was behind singer’s fall, and the injuries he had were “minor.”
Nicolas Garzia, who organized the Paraguay gig, suggested that the fall was due to a bout of food poisoning that caused Steven Tyler to be disorientated. He also said that Steven Tyler had been dehydrated and was suffering gastrointestinal problems.
Steven Tyler has vowed to perform the concert tomorrow, obviously keen not to repeat the events of two years ago when a broken shoulder forced Aerosmith to scrap a North American tour, after he fell off stage in South Dakota.
The singer received stitches and had emergency dental work done during a nearly four-hour stay at the La Costa medical center in Paraguay’s capital, according to a hospital statement.
According to eyewitnesses, Steven Tyler was in good condition when discharged.
Steven Tyler suffered cuts to his face and lost two of his teeth after falling in his hotel bathroom, according to ABC.
Aerosmith band is currently touring Latin America.
Marcelo Antunez, a spokesman for the local concert organizers, told reporters:
“Mr. Tyler had a small accident that prevents him from staging the concert tonight.”
“He is fine, he’s in his hotel but he’s not able to do the concert,” Marcelo Antunez said, adding the show would be postponed until Wednesday.
Gustavo Perez, a bellboy at the Bourbon hotel near Asuncion, told local radio that Steven Tyler slipped when he was taking a shower and “had a nasty fall”.
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=8195