$45 million Forsyth County Estate Le Rêve sold for $11.5 million after foreclosure
A $45 million Atlanta mansion – Forsyth County estate Le Rêve – was foreclosed and then sold at a massive 75% drop at only $11.5 million.
Forsyth County estate Le Rêve (“The Dream” in French) was foreclosed at the end of 2010 after taking three years to build with no expense spared by Hubert and Norma Humphrey.
The impressive mansion, which has its own private 18-hole golf course, now has a new owner, who bought it for almost $34million less than the asking price.
WSBTV reported Le Rêve (The Dream) estate features seven bedrooms, nine full baths, 11 half baths, ten fireplaces and two elevators.
Besides the private 18-hole golf course, the expensive mansion features other sports courts, stables, a camping area, bowling alley, home theatre, fifties diner, an exercise facility, a massage room and a pool. Le Rêve property is gated and entirely monitored by security cameras.
Troy Stowe, a real estate agent described the property:
“One of the largest challenges of selling Le Rêve was it sat on 72 acres, it was 47,000 square feet and just trying to find someone (who) wants to take on (what) I kind of call the big dragon.
“If you’re not used to maintaining and caring for a property like that, it is a challenge.
“I was told that in that one room, there are 27 seats and there was over $1 million spent in the home theatre.”
Immediately after foreclosure, the mansion was originally listed for $45 million. Then the bank took possession of the property and its price was dropped to $28 million. The Forsyth County estate Le Rêve price was dropped down to $16 million before the $11.5 million offer was accepted.
Troy Stowe said: “Ultimately, if you get a $50 million house for $11.5 (million), at some point, when the money lined properly with what the property offers, (a buyer) just came onboard.”
According to Zillow, the online real estate database, Hubert Humphrey started life as a railroad brakeman and conductor who later enjoyed entrepreneurial success.
Hubert Humphrey sold insurance for A.L. Williams, where he earned record sales, then launched his own company, Humphrey Worldwide Network, before selling it to Primerica, which is now part of CitiGroup.
The entrepreneur then formed World Marketing Alliance, followed by the World Leadership Group, a marketing, financial services and mortgage company based in Atlanta.
Hubert Humphrey started building Le Rêve mansion in 2005 on the 72-acre property.
Asked about the identity of the new Le Rêve owner, Troy Stowe said he cannot give anything away:
“Everybody wants to know who bought it. And I did sign a confidentiality agreement, but I just tell them it’s normal folks, husband and wife living at the property.”
Related search articles:
- Powered by Article Dashboard insurance life
- Powered by Article Dashboard real estate development
- Powered by Article Dashboard la fitness in long beach
- powered by SMF 2 0 hong kong entertainment news
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups forbes com
- hubert humphrey foreclosure
- le reve estate
- le reve atlanta
- hubert humphrey le reve
- hubert humphrey ring wlg
- powered by phpBB county government
- mansion in forsyth county
- Real estate Powered by Phpbb
- atlanta housewife porsche divorce
- TS Caliana Lombardi
- Real state busness “Powered by PHPbb”
- playboy mansion paris humphrey
- norma and hubert humphrey
- new owners of the Hubert Humphrey house
- Million dollar mansion in forsyth county
- who is hubert and norma humphrey
- le reve sold
- le reve forsyth county
- le reve estate in georgia
- william jamieson christies
- who bought le reve in atlanta
- Porche atlanta housewives divorce
- s hubert humphrey estate
- real estate forums powered by smf
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups golf courses in georgia
- Shoot out gilmer county Ga
- Shooting in Gilmer County
- sotheby\s collection of late bill jamieson
- what did the carey\s pay for the carey mansion newport ri
- where is hubert and norma humphrey now
- who bought hubert humphrey\s home in ga
- porche from atlantic housewives divorce
- le reve estate foreclosure
- La Reve mansion atlanta
- georgia mansion forsyth 16 million dollars
- forsyth county shooting
- forsyth county mansions
- forclosed mansions
- dina lohan bankrupcy
- bruce leak big sur
- bob hopes kids fight over estate
- bob hope keybank
- biggest manison in forsyth county
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=7447