North Carolina: hurricane Irene hit Atlantic beach and killed one person.
Hurricane Irene hit Atlantic beach of North Carolina and one man was killed outside his home this morning.
The man was hit by a tree limb that blew down while he was walking around his house this morning in a rural area of Nash County, where winds were roaring at more than 60 mph, county Emergency Management Director Brian Brantley told the Associated Press.
Hurricane Irene hit Atlantic Beach, Cape Fear and the Outer Banks of North Carolina with Category 1 winds and rain and made landfall in Nags Head, North Carolina.
The center of hurricane hit the coast of North Carolina near Cape Lookout with Category 1-force winds of 85 mph.
Hurricane warnings for the next 48 hours have been issued for North Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, coastal Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Until now, eastern North Carolina has already seen three tornadoes in the past few days, and the majority of the state and areas of Maryland and Virginia are under tornado watches through Sunday.
Stacy town, on the coast of North Carolina, is seeing 93 mph wind gusts this morning.
The far end of the fishing pier in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina collapsed overnight.
The 100-foot long pier is still standing, but its end has disappeared into the ocean.
About 200,000 homes in North Carolina are experiencing power outages, according to Power Energy.
Winds up to 85 mph have ripped power lines from their poles, causing many of the shortages.
“Our crews are restoring service as quickly as possible, where it is safe to do so,” Power Energy tweeted.
The hardest hit areas were Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina.
Related search articles:
- Powered by Article Dashboard atlantic regional group
- Powered by Article Dashboard central regional hospital north carolina
- carolina mccallister butt
- venya carolina rapando video
- carolina mccallister hot
- Powered by Article Dashboard wise regional health system
- 2013 virus outbreak
- stomach virus nc 2013
- what does atlantic city look like now
- carolina macallister hot
- Carolina McCallister
- kenya hodges killed
- 2004 washington state mermaid found on beach
- carolina mccallister desnuda
- mermaid found in washington 2004
- mermaid found in north carolina
- venya carolina rapando
- atlantic city rebuilt
- most dangerous city in north carolina
- Powered by Article Dashboard insurance travel car insurance affordable health insurance
- best city in north carolina 2013
- video of mermaid found on beach 2004
- how does atlantic city look like
- hurricane sandy north carolina
- how was north carolina effected by hurricaine sandy
- rebuilding atlantic city
- stomach virus 2013 nc
- putas en Atlantic city
- stomach virus north carolina
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups life experience
- mermaid found in 2004
- carolina mccallister husband
- carolina panthers desnuda
- crucifix at san alfonso - hurricane sandy
- pictures of the man who killed kenya hodges
- boardwalk atlantic city rebuild
- most dangerous cities in nc
- movies filmed in north carolina
- movies being filmed in north carolina
- flu pennsylvania 2013
- top 10 most dangerous cities in nc
- top 10 most violent city in north carolina 2013
- flu nc 2013
- is atlantic city rebuilt
- Has atlantic city been rebuiltsince the hurricane
- photos of atlantic city rebiult yet
- large snake found in white lake nc
- unclaimed prizes south Carolina
- phil robertson coming to durham nc
- phil roberson without the beard
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=3196