North Carolina: hurricane Irene hit Atlantic beach and killed one person.
Hurricane Irene hit Atlantic beach of North Carolina and one man was killed outside his home this morning.
The man was hit by a tree limb that blew down while he was walking around his house this morning in a rural area of Nash County, where winds were roaring at more than 60 mph, county Emergency Management Director Brian Brantley told the Associated Press.
Hurricane Irene hit Atlantic Beach, Cape Fear and the Outer Banks of North Carolina with Category 1 winds and rain and made landfall in Nags Head, North Carolina.
The center of hurricane hit the coast of North Carolina near Cape Lookout with Category 1-force winds of 85 mph.
Hurricane warnings for the next 48 hours have been issued for North Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, coastal Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Until now, eastern North Carolina has already seen three tornadoes in the past few days, and the majority of the state and areas of Maryland and Virginia are under tornado watches through Sunday.
Stacy town, on the coast of North Carolina, is seeing 93 mph wind gusts this morning.
The far end of the fishing pier in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina collapsed overnight.
The 100-foot long pier is still standing, but its end has disappeared into the ocean.
About 200,000 homes in North Carolina are experiencing power outages, according to Power Energy.
Winds up to 85 mph have ripped power lines from their poles, causing many of the shortages.
“Our crews are restoring service as quickly as possible, where it is safe to do so,” Power Energy tweeted.
The hardest hit areas were Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina.
Related search articles:
- carolina macallister hot
- dangerous cities in north carolina
- Sage Steele Body Shots
- Pictures of Baby North West
- Carolina McCallister Hot
- Current Colds Going Around
- most dangerous city in north carolina
- safest places to live in nc
- safest towns in nc 2013
- upcoming filming in nc
- flu 2013 north carolina
- most dangerous cities in NC
- north carolina storms last night
- carolina mcallister instagram
- carolina mccallister desnuda
- new pictures of baby north west
- Carolina McCallister Photos
- safest cities in north carolina 2013
- who does toyota of henderson commercials?
- atlantic city board walk rebuilt
- who is the girl in the toyota of hendersenNorth Carolina commercial 9/2013
- NorthCarolina:hurricaneIrenehitAtlanticbeachandkilledoneperson |BelleNews com LatestNews
- north carolina oldest living person
- pictures of baby north
- what does atlantic city looks like
- safest SC towns to live in 2013
- northcarolina and red tides
- safest NC towns to live in 2013
- red tide nc
- safest city in nc 2013
- safest cities of north carolina
- red tide photo along outerbanks
- okracoke tornado last nigh
- oscar prieto palm beach
- oscar prieto west palm beach florida
- Pictures baby north
- pictures of babt north
- Power outages in Atlantic Beach NY
- PICTURES-BABY NORTH WEST
- small safe towns in north carolina
- Small safe towns to stay in north Carolina
- Washington beach 2004
- what does atlantic county look like
- what year was the red tide in north carolina
- whats going around sickness 2013 in north carolina
- when did hurricane sandy hit north carolina
- when hurricane sandy hit north carolina
- where did the last blizzard occur in 2013
- who is north carolinas oldest living person
Short URL: http://www.bellenews.com/?p=3196